The local authority will use the data reported to assist it in reviewing its progress against national and local targets, reviewing its own performance and informing improvement plans.
The data will also inform commissioning and market development decisions and the agenda for prevention of abuse and neglect within the area.
2. Safeguarding Adults Returns
The Safeguarding Adults Collection (SAC) records details of safeguarding activity relating to adults aged 18 and over in England. It includes safeguarding activity reported to or identified by Councils with Adult Social Services Responsibilities (CASSRs).
For more information see Safeguarding Adults Collection (SAC)
It collects data in relation to:
- case details;
- mental capacity;
- Making Safeguarding Personal;
- Safeguarding Adults Reviews.
3. Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
NHS Digital also requires a statutory annual return for Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLs).
Three data items are to be collected by each local authority, at client level. The fields are:
- the number of DoLS application requests made;
- the number of authorisation requests granted;
- the number of authorisation requests not granted.