The Court of Protection makes decisions on applications which involve people who lack mental capacity. The Court can be contacted regarding queries about: someone’s personal welfare; becoming a deputy or change an existing deputy order; deprivation of liberty; selling a jointly owned property; making a statutory will or gift; cancelling an enduring power of attorney or objecting to a lasting power of attorney. For more information, including making applications and accessing required forms, see Contact the Court of Protection.